SHAI is the official Regulator for Sound Therapy Practitioners and Training Providers in Ireland. Established in 2015 to advance the science and practice of Sound Therapy in Ireland for the benefit of the Community.
Enhance your professional standing and credibility with registration as a Professional Sound Therapist, giving your clients and prospective clients all the confidence and peace of mind they need.
Important Changes from July 2022
We are delighted to announce the following changes which came into effect from July 2022:
- Restructuring of the Committee.
- Implementation of our Training Provider Code of Practice – an industry first
- New Aims & Objectives – to enhance the professional standing of sound therapy as a Complementary Therapy in Ireland.
Here at SHAI we have developed quality standards to maintain and preserve the integrity of Sound Healing and Sound Therapy in Ireland. In 2022 we as the Professional Regulator of Sound Therapy in Ireland, implemented an industry first for the public and our members by introducing a Training Provider Code of Practice.
Note: The absence of a training provider from our online search directory does not indicate that they don’t meet our strict standards. If you don’t find a training provider registered with SHAI and you wish to study with them,
you can ask the following questions to assess their suitability as a professional training provider:
Note: SHAI exists to promote Professional recognition of Therapeutic Sound as a Complementary Therapy.
Our Training Provider Code of Practice requires that Instructors meet our strict high quality standards. This means not only having relevant practical experience, but also holding a recognised qualification for teaching adults.
Search our online directory to find a Registered Sound Therapy professional or
an Registered & Approved Training Provider in your area.
Our Training Provider Code of Practice is the Industry Standard for Sound Therapy Training Providers in Ireland. Using our easy 7-Point Verification method you can determine for yourself if a training provider meets our high standard, regardless if they are...
Training Provider Code of Practice – A Recognised Qualification for Workplace Training & Assessment for the Teaching of Adults
With the introduction of our Training Provider Code of Practice came along some very good common sense rules for Training Providers, to reassure the public of the high standards and integrity of SHAI Accredited Training Providers. One of the new requirements was that...
We have received several reports from concerned members of the public regarding a non-member Sound Healing Training Course requiring their learners to complete unsupervised clinical practice in the form of client case study treatments, as part of their preliminary...
New Eligibility Criteria for SHAI Accreditation and Registration – All Professionals & Training Providers Welcome
New Rules in Place from June 2022 After some extensive restructuring of our Practitioner Code of Practice and the introduction of our Training Provider Code of Practice in June 2022, there have been some very welcome changes made to the eligiblity for SHAI membership....
In keeping with international standards and best practice for Complementary Therapy training, SHAI now specifies new guidelines for our Practitioner members regarding their use of the job title of Sound Therapist. A Practitioner of Therapeutic Sound (Sound Healing...
We are proude to announce our new-look website for 2020. The main feature of the new website is a shorter website address easier to remember, and a searchable members directory making it very easy for potential clients to find your business contact details.
Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start writing!
- Professional recognition
- Use of SHAI logo
- Student discount at Ghandarva Loka music store in Dublin
- Invitation to our members-only events
- As for student membership plus:
- €49 Renewal per year
- Use of our SHAI Professional logos as you wish to promote yourself & your business
- Discounted Membership of the CNMA. (Complimentary & Natural Medicine Association)
- Business listing in our online Find a Practitioner directory
- Membership Certificate
- Volunteer at the SHAI stand at Mind Body Experience at the RDS in Dublin* When applicable
- plus more
Approved Training Provider
- All Training Providers who comply with our Code of Practice are welcome to join SHAI without hindrance
- Use of SHAI Approved Training Provider Logo
- Business listing in our Approved Training Provider directory
- SHAI membership discounts for all your students
- Membership Certificate
- Contact us to find out more